Thursday, July 22, 2010

If I never buy another diet/exercise/fitness book it will be too soon!

I've been afforded the luxury of working from home for the last few months. During this time I get the occasional burst of motivation to "organize" my life. Occasional being the key word. What I've come to realize during these out bursts is that over the years in my quest to regain the old me- I've acquired quite a few books to help me on that journey. I'm not saying I've read them all; but they're here. I'm sure when I bought most of them I started off with the greatest intentions. I'd wake up and say THIS is he day I'm going to make the commitment. I'd scurry off to the bookstore- purchase whatever the latest and greatest "I'm gonna tell you how to lose weight and be happy" book at the time is, get home and return to my regularly scheduled program.

I started browsing through a few of them and determined a few things:
1) For the most part they all say the same thing; just different wording.
2) If I had taken time to actually FOLLOW the plans detailed in aforementioned books I'd probably be WAAAAAY ahead of the game.
3) I already have all the information I need. It's now just a matter of applying that knowledge.

For some reason this Epiphany feels so different from the Ah-ha moments I've had in the past. This time it's S-E-R-I-O-U-S!

I'm just curious- what books are in your collection?

No comments:

Post a Comment